- Nordic Naturals Omega-3
Nordic Naturals Omega-3
anchovy oil, sardine oil, d-alpha tocopherol.
Just like humans, dogs and cats need omega-3s to stay healthy. Made exclusively from sustainably-sourced sardines and anchovies, Nordic Naturals' award-winning Omega-3 Pet formulas give dogs and cats the daily serving of omega-3 EPA+DHA they need to live active, happy lives. Omega-3 Pet does not contain rosemary oil, or flavorings, in order to ensure the safety of your pets.
Nordic Naturals Omega-3 Pet™ Soft Gels product is also an excellent source of the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA. It is an important supplement to help support optimal pet health. This product is offered in convenient soft gelatin capsules for home use and traveling with your pet companion.
Nordic Naturals' Omega-3 Pet™ Soft Gel oil is derived exclusively from wild anchovies and sardines from the South Pacific Ocean off the coast of Peru. In 2008, the sustainability of these Peruvian fisheries was ranked as number one in the world.
The omega-3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA) found in Nordic Naturals Omega-3 for Pets support:
- Cellular health
- Immune system health
- Skin and coat health
- Joint health
- Heart health
- Brain development and maintenance
- Eye development and maintenance
Nordic Naturals Omega-3 for Pets has Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA are important fatty acids for humans and their dog and cat companions because they cannot be made in the body. The only source of EPA and DHA for these species is through the diet and/or supplementation. Daily supplementation with Omega-3 Fatty Acids helps support optimal health for your pet companion.
EPA and DHA are necessary structural components of cell membranes. These omega-3 fatty acids maintain the cell membrane fluidity and permeability needed for healthy, functioning cells.
EPA and DHA are found abundantly in cold-water fish. Flax seed oil contains ALA, another omega-3 fatty acid that requires the body to first convert ALA to EPA and DHA before utilization. Humans and dogs have limited ability to make this conversion, while cats have even less ability to make this conversion. Therefore, supplementation with high-quality omega-3 fish oil is recommended for humans, dogs and cats.
Suggested daily use for cats:
- 2-4 lbs: 0.25 mL (37 mg EPA/25 mg DHA)
- 5-9 lbs: 0.5 mL (74 mg EPA/51 mg DHA)
- 10-14 lbs: 0.75 mL (110 mg EPA/76 mg DHA)
- 15-20 lbs: 1.0 mL (147 mg EPA/101 mg DHA)
- Over 20 lbs: 1.25 mL (184 mg EPA/127 mg DHA)
Suggested daily use for dogs:
- 2-4 lbs: 0.5 mL (74 mg EPA/51 mg DHA)
- 5-9 lbs: 1.0 mL (147 mg EPA/101 mg DHA)
- 10-19 lbs: 2.0 mL (291 mg EPA/202 mg DHA)
- 20-39 lbs: 0.5 teaspoon (2.5 mL); 368 mg EPA/253 mg DHA/759 mg total omega-3s
- 40-59 lbs: 1.0 teaspoon (5.0 mL); 736 mg EPA/506 mg DHA/1518 mg total omega-3s
- 60-79 lbs: 1.5 teaspoons (7.5 mL); 1104 mg EPA/759 mg DHA/2277 mg total omega-3s
- 80-110 lbs: 2.0 teaspoons (10 mL); 1472 mg EPA/1012 mg DHA/3036 mg total omega-3s
- 111+ lbs: 2.5 teaspoons (12.5 mL); 1840 mg EPA/1265 mg DHA/3795 mg total omega-3s
Do not exceed the suggested daily use without consulting your veterinarian.
Please refrigerate after opening.